Kona Srikar Bharat: K.S. Bharat or Srikar Bharat is an Indian cricketer who plays as a wicket-keeper batsman for the Andhra cricket team in domestic cricket.
Making his first-class debut at the age of 19 against Kerala in 2012-13, KS Bharat came into the limelight a couple of years later in 2015 when he set a record in the Ranji Trophy becoming the first Indian wicket-keeper batsman to notch up a triple hundred in the country’s premier first-class tournament.
Interestingly, KS Bharat’s personal life too got some interesting incidents. Bharat marries Anjali Nedunuri on August 5, 2020 after dating for 10 years. Check out his biography below:
Kona Srikar Bharat Biography
|Full Name||Kona Srikar Bharat|
|Nick Name||Srikar Bharat/KS Bharat|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1993|
|Birth Place||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Family||Father – Srinivasa Rao|
|Mother – Kona Devi|
|Sister – Manoghna Lokesh|
|Wife Name||Anjali Nedunuri|
|Role||Wicket keeping Batsman|
|Batting Style||Right Hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Off Break Bowler|
|Teams Played||Andhra, East Zone, South Zone, Delhi Capitals, Rest of India, India Red, India Blue, India B, India A, Board Presidents XI, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Debut||FC – Andhra vs Kerala at Cuddapah – December 29, 2012 – January 01, 2013|
|List A -Andhra vs Tamil Nadu at Bangalore – February 20, 2012|
|T20 – Andhra vs Tamil Nadu at Bhadravati – March 17, 2013|
|International Debut||Test – N/A|
|ODI – N/A|
|T20I – N/A|
|Favourite Cricketer||MS Dhoni, Mitchell Starc|
|Coach/Mentor||J. Krishna Rao|
Kona Srikar Bharat Early Life
- Kona Srikar Bharat was born on October 3, 1993, in Visakhapatnam, India.
- His father Srinivasa Rao is a Naval Dockyard employee and his mother’s name is Kona Devi.
- Bharat’s father enrolled his name in the Local Cricket Association as a Ball Boy.
- By the time he turned 10, he already started playing cricket.
- During one of his trials, Mr. J. Krishna Rao, his coach, saw his talent and started guiding him later.
- When Bharat was 12 years old, Rao asked him for wicket-keeping as his reflexes were so impressive at that little age.
- He has played matches for Under 13 to the Under 19 cricket team for Andhra Pradesh.
KS Bharat Career
- Bharat made his first-class debut at an age of 19 in 2012 against Kerala in 2012-13 Ranji Trophy Season.
- Srikar started his List-A career with Vijay Hazare Trophy against Tamil Nadu in 2012 and played his first Vijay Hazare match on 20th February 2012.
- In February 2015, he became the first wicket-keeper batsman to score a triple hundred in the Ranji Trophy.
- Bharat aggregated a whopping 758 runs in 9 matches in the 2014-15 Ranji Trophy.
- Opening the innings, Bharat amassed a colossal 308 off just 311 deliveries for Andhra Pradesh against Goa in Ongole in February 2015.
- He registered one more hundred (apart from his record triple) and two fifties and has been a consistent scorer for Andhra in the prestigious tournament.
- His other standout hundred came against Vidarbha in the 2019-20 Ranji Trophy in Vijayawada.
- Batting at number five, he scored an unbeaten 102 in the second innings to save the match for his team.
- In July 2018, he was named in the squad for India Blue for the 2018–19 Duleep Trophy.
- In November 2019, Bharat was added to India’s Test squad for the second Test against Bangladesh, as cover for Wriddhiman Saha.
- In May 2021, Bharat was added to India’s Test squad for their series against England as cover for Wriddhiman Saha.
- In January 2020, he was added to the Indian squad for the One Day International (ODI) series against Australia, after Rishabh Pant suffered a concussion.
- In February 2015 he was signed up for Rs. 10 lakh by the Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils(now Delhi Capitals)
- In February 2021 IPL Auction, RCB bought KS Bharat for the base price of INR 20 Lac.
- KS Bharat smashes a winning six for the RCB in IPL 2021 last league match against Delhi Capitals and impressed everyone.
KS Bharat IPL 2021:
KS Bharat in IPL 2021 made his debut appearance for RCB. He has been doing decent for RCB at the No.3 position as a batsman, which is a big position to fill as it was held by Virat Kohli for a long time. He also took over Ab De Villiers’ wicket-keeping role to balance the veteran south african’s workload.
Lesser Known Facts About Kona Srikar Bharat
- Kona Srikar Bharat is the first Indian wicket-keeper batsman to notch up a triple hundred in the country’s premier first-class tournament
- Bharat is married to Anjali Nedunuri. The couple married on August 5, 2020. They dated each other for 10 years and finally married in 2020.
- Hari loves playing at Chennai Ground.