Devdutt Padikkal Biography: Devdutt Padikkal was born in Edappal, Kerela on 7 July 2000 to a cricket-loving family. Later his family moved to Bangalore where he represented Karnataka in under-16 and under-19 age categories since 2014.
In the 2017 season of Karnataka Premier League, Devdutt played for Bellary Tuskers as an opening batsman. Against Bengaluru Blasters, the 17-year-old Padikkal scored a stunning 72 from 53 balls which turned out to be an important inning in his career.
Check out Devdutt Padikkal’s biography with his career journey and turning points.
Devdutt Padikkal Biography Overview
|Full Name||Devdutt Padikkal|
|Date of Birth||7 July 2000|
|Birth Place||Edappal, Kerala|
Army Public School, St.Joseph’s Boys School, Bangalore
St.Joseph’s College, Bangalore
Father: Babunu Kunnath
Mother: Ambili Balan
Sister: Chandni Padikkal (Lawyer)
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
Bellary Tuskers, Karnataka, India U19, Royal Challengers Bangalore, India A, India
T20 – vs Sri Lanka at R.Premadasa Stadium, Jul 28, 2021
IPL – vs Sunrisers Hyderabad at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Sep 21, 2020
|ODI – NA|
|Test – NA|
Devdutt Padikkal Early Life
- Devdutt Padikkal was born on 7 July 2000 in Edappal, Kerala, India.
- His father was a cricket fan and noticed his son’s talent at a very early age probably when Paddikal was only 3 years old. One day Devdutt’s father noticed his son holding a cricket bat with great style and balance then he thought of a cricket career for his son.
- Paddikal’s family moved to Hyderabad when he was very young.
- His father got him enrolled in the Karnataka Institute of Cricket in Bangalore when Devdutt was only 9 years old.
- Both his parents were passionate cricket fans and they were more than happy to see their child play cricket at the very young age of 11.
- In Bangalore, Devdutt completed his school education at Army Public School and St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School.
- Subsequently, He graduated from St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore.
- In the Karnataka Institute of cricket, Devdutt’s Coach, Naseeruddin, figured out his talent in a short span of time.
- He came to people’s notice just after an eye-catching performance in Karnataka Premier League(2017) where he hit 72 runs in just 53 balls for his team Ballari Tuskers against Bengaluru Blasters.
- During his U14 and U16 career, he rarely had a bad outing. The growth of Devdutt Padikkal was very much ensuring to see him play in the IPL.
Devdutt Padikkal Career
- He made his first-class debut for Karnataka in the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy on 28 November 2018.
- He made his List A debut on 26 September 2019, for Karnataka in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- He was the leading run-scorer in the tournament, with 609 runs in eleven matches.
- In October 2019, he was named in India A’s squad for the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy.
- He made his Twenty20 debut on 8 November 2019, for Karnataka in the 2019–20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- He was selected in Karnataka’s squad for the 2021 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Devdutt Padikkal International Career
- In June 2021, he was named in India’s One Day International (ODI) squads for their series against Sri Lanka.
- In June 2021, he was named in India’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squads for their series against Sri Lanka.
- He made his T20I debut on 28 July 2021, for India against Sri Lanka.
Devdutt Padikkal IPL Career
- In December 2018, he was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the player auction for the 2019 Indian Premier League.
- He became the first player in IPL history to score three fifties in his first four matches.
- Padikkal won the Emerging Player Award for the 2020 Indian Premier League (IPL), playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- He scored 473 runs in 15 matches for Royal Challengers Bangalore in his debut IPL season.
- On 22 April 2021, in the 2021 Indian Premier League, Padikkal scored 101 not out, as Royal Challengers Bangalore beat the Rajasthan Royals by ten wickets.
- In February 2022, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL 2022 mega auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament.
Devdutt Padikkal Batting Stats
Devdutt Padikkal Bowling Stats