Table of Contents
Most Expensive Players in WPL 2023 Auction: A total of 1525 players registered for the inaugural Women’s Premier League Player Auction & the final list was pruned to 409 players.
- WPL 2023 Auction Registered Players: 409
- Indians: 246
- Overseas: 163(8 players from Associate nations)
The total number of capped players are 202, uncapped players are 199 and 8 are from associate nations. A maximum of 90 slots are available with the five teams, with 30 being slotted for overseas players.
The BCCI has also informed the teams that each of them is needed to have at least 15 players and the minimum squad spend should be INR 9 crore. The value of the full purse is INR 12 crore and each side is allowed to buy only six foreign players.
WPL 2023 Auction will be broadcasted on the Jio Cinema app in India. Check WPL 2023 Auction Live Streaming For All Locations.
Most Expensive Players in WPL 2023 Auction
Most Expensive Players in WPL 2023 Auction: The player to bag the highest bid in the WPL 2023 Auction will be considered the Most Expensive Player in WPL 2023 Auction. Following is the list of the top 10 most expensive players in the WPL 2023 Auction.
Players’ names with prices and team details will be updated here right after the event begins. Stay tuned for regular updates!!!
|Smriti Mandhana||Royal Challengers Bangalore||INR 3.40 cr|
|Natalie Sciver||Mumbai Indians||INR 3.20 cr|
|Ashleigh Gardner||Gujarat Giants||INR 3.20 cr|
|Deepti Sharma||UP Warriorz||INR 2.60 cr|
|Jemimah Rodrigues||Delhi Capitals||INR 2.20 cr|
WPL 2023 Auction Rules
Team combination will always play a crucial role in the team’s strength. Each team also bag backup players during the auction event. Following are the details of Women’s Premier League 2023 Rules:
- Each team is allowed a maximum squad size of 18 players
- No team can have more than six overseas players in their squad
- A team will be allowed to have a maximum of five overseas players, four of whom may come from Full Member nations and the fifth from an Associate Member nation.
WPL 2023 Format
WPL 2023 Format: WPL 2023 will follow the Round Robin format with Group System and Playoffs format. Following are the details of the WPL 2023 Format:
- All participating(5) teams will play against each other twice which will mark a total of 20 league matches.
- The topper of the WPL 2023 Points Table will directly qualify for the final.
- The eliminator match will be played between the 2nd and 3rd placed teams.
- The winner of the eliminator will qualify as the second finalist for the WPL 2023 final match.
The BCCI has also said March will remain the window for the WPL. From the 2026 season, the WPL could comprise “33-34″ matches but the BCCI has not fleshed out any detail on the tournament structure.