Table of Contents
WI vs IND 2023 1st ODI Probable Playing 11: The first ODI game of the India tour of West Indies 2023 will be played on July 27 at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados. With the World Cup 2023 scheduled at the end of the year, team India needs to test their strength in the ODI format with various player combinations.
WI vs IND 2023 1st ODI Probable Playing 11
Apart from this, India also needs to win this match to avoid the hat-trick ODI loss while on the other hand, West Indies too lost their last ODI game played against Sri Lanka on 7 July 2023 at Harare Sports Club.
Recent Form(Last 5 ODI matches)
- India: L – L – W– W– W
- West Indies: L – W– L – D – L
Mohammed Siraj has been rested for the ODI leg of the West Indies tour to manage his workload in the lead-up to the 2023 World Cup. Thus in the absence of Siraj, India need to pick a perfect bowler for the game.
India Probable Playing 11 for WI vs IND 1st ODI 2023
Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan/Sanju Samson (wk), Hardik Pandya, Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Jaydev Unadkat, Mukesh Kumar
West Indies Playing 11 for WI vs IND 1st ODI 2023
Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Keacy Carty, Shai Hope (C & wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Kevin Sinclair, Alzarri Joseph, Oshane Thomas, Jayden Seales/Yannic Cariah
Players to look out for WI vs IND 2023 1st ODI
- The returning Hetmyer has an average of 45.45 and an incredible strike rate of 121.35 against India in ODIs.
- Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Axar Patel, Ishan Kishan and Sanju Samson have a strike rate of over 100 in ODIs since 2022.
- Shubman Gill maintains aggressive numbers in the ODI since 2022 where he played 21 innings and scored 1262 runs at an average of 74.23 which includes 5 half-centuries and 4 centuries.
- Virat Kohli maintains a solid record in the Caribbean by scoring 825 runs in 17 innings at an average of 58.92 which includes 3 half-centuries and 4 centuries.
- Alzarri Joseph has an attacking record against Right-handed batters in ODI. Alzarri Joseph bowled 2094 balls against RHBs and bagged 82 wickets at an economy rate of 4.91.
- Alzarri Joseph enjoys a very good record against two of India’s premier batters – Kohli and Rohit – dismissing the duo three times each.
- West Indies Shai Hope use to enjoy Right-arm pacers. Shai Hope scored 954 runs while facing 1147 deliveries from right-arm pacers and maintains a strike rate of 83.17.
Players with the best stats at this venue
- Kyle Mayers played 3 matches in this venue and scored 111 runs at an average of 37.
- Alzarri Joseph played 9 matches and bagged 23 wickets at an average of 16.39
- Shubman Gill(IND)
- Scored 205 runs in 3 ODIs in the 2022 tour of West Indies.
- Maintains an average of 74.23 in ODIs since the start of 2022.
- Gill has already scored 3 hundred in this calendar year.
- Virat Kohli(IND)
- Virat has an average of 66.50 in ODIs against the West Indies.
- Virat reclaims his ODI form this year where he has already scored 2 hundreds and a fifty.
- Shai Hope(WI)
- Hope maintains an average of 46.15 in the ODI format against India.
- Shai Hope was the second-highest run-getter for WI in the recently concluded World Cup 2023 Qualifier.
- Alick Athanaze(WI)
- Athanaze was the second-highest run-getter for WI in the recently concluded Test series on debut where the hosts lost the series by 0-1.
- Athanaze looks comfortable against quality spinners.
- He also scored a quick-fire 65 in his only ODI game so far against UAE.
WI vs IND 2023 1st ODI Squad
Shai Hope(w/c), Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Shimron Hetmyer, Alick Athanaze, Rovman Powell, Keacy Carty, Romario Shepherd, Gudakesh Motie, Alzarri Joseph, Oshane Thomas, Jayden Seales, Kevin Sinclair, Dominic Drakes, Yannic Cariah
Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jaydev Unadkat, Mukesh Kumar, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Ishan Kishan, Ruturaj Gaikwad