Table of Contents
Kartik Tyagi Biography: Kartik Tyagi is a professional Indian cricketer who represented India in the U19 World Cup 2020 posses the ability to swing the ball in both ways and can shoot toe-crushing yorkers.
Kartik Tyagi is also one among the many youngsters who discontinued their studies to focus on their passion(cricket) which they admire the most. Kartik Tyagi is the best example for the youngsters who think that skill and hard work in improving them might grab the lifestyle they needed.
Kartik Tyagi grabs everyone’s attention when he bowled a sensational last over as Rajasthan Royals pulled off an incredible two-run win over Punjab Kings in IPL 2021.
In the match, PBKS are in need of four runs off the last six balls but Tyagi dismissed Nicholas Pooran (32) and Deepak Hooda (0) and gave away only one run to snatch the win for his team from the jaws of defeat.
Check out Kartik Tyagi Biography along with his early life, career, stats and unknown facts.
Kartik Tyagi Biography – Overview
|Date of Birth||8 November 2000|
|Hometown||Hapur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Father – Yogendra Tyagi|
|Mother – Neelam Tyagi|
|Brothers – Not Known|
|Sisters – Nandini Tyagi|
|School: LN Public School, Hapur|
|College: Not Known|
|Batting Style||Right-hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium-fast|
|Teams Played||India A, Rajasthan Royals, India Under-19, Uttar Pradesh, Sunrisers Hyderabad, India Under-23, India A Under-19, Indians|
|FC – Railways vs U. Pradesh at Lucknow – October 06 – 08, 2017|
|List A – Delhi vs U. Pradesh at Bilaspur – February 05, 2018|
|T20 – Mumbai vs Royals at Abu Dhabi – October 06, 2020|
|Test – Not Yet Played|
|ODI – Not Yet Played|
|T20I – Not Yet Played|
|IPL Debut||Rajasthan Royals – MI vs RR at Sheikh Zayed Stadium – October 06, 2020|
|Favourite Player||Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Starc|
Kartik Tyagi Early Life
- During his early school days, Kartik Tyagi was more interested in sports than in studies.
- His father Yogendra Tyagi’s dream of becoming a Shooting Ball player settled like a dream because of his family situation. But his father decides to fulfil his dream through his child and opted to put Kartik Tyagi in cricket academy.
- In the year 2012, Kartik started learning cricket at a club in Hapur.
- Since there were fewer facilities and it was difficult to move on from there, Kartik started practising cricket at Meerut Victoria Park in the year 2015.
- Right after Kartik Tyagi started his cricket journey, his father starts to assist him in all possible ways and put farming on a low priority.
- Once his son joined the academy, Yogendra put farming on a low priority.
- He would pack lunch and take it to school for his son, then they would change two buses and take a rickshaw to travel for two hours and reach the academy in Meerut.
- Father Yogendra Tyagi had to face a lot of difficulties in providing cricket training and practising facilities to his son, Kartik. He even had to borrow money to buy a cricket kit for his son.
- After Seeing Kartik’s skills, he was first selected in the U-14 team of Uttar Pradesh, after playing there for 2 years, his good performance resulted in his selection in Uttar Pradesh U-16.
- The fast bowling and mind-blowing swing in the Under-16s won the hearts of the BCCI selectors in such a way that they invited Karthik Tyagi to play directly in the Ranji Trophy match.
Kartik Tyagi Career
- On October 6, 2017, Kartik Tyagi made his first-class debut for Uttar Pradesh in the 2017-18 Ranji Trophy, a month before he turned 17.
- He made his List A debut for Uttar Pradesh in the 2017–18 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 5 February 2018.
- He made his Twenty20 debut for the Rajasthan Royals in the 2020 Indian Premier League on 6 October 2020, against the Mumbai Indians.
- On 26 October 2020, Tyagi was named as one of four additional bowlers to travel with the Indian cricket team for their tour to Australia.
- In December 2019, he was named in India’s squad for the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- He was one of the leading bowlers for India in the tournament where he bagged 11 wickets in the six matches he played.
View this post on Instagram
- In the 2020 IPL auction, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals for INR 1.30 crores.
- Kartik Tyagi was a part of Rajasthan Royals in the IPL 2021 season where he received a salary of INR 1.30 crores.
- On 21 September 2021, Tyagi conceded just one run in the final over against Punjab Kings while defending four, and was named man of the match.
- Here’s how Tyagi dished out his last six deliveries which grabs him the attention:
- Ball 1: A dot ball to Markram, getting the yorker right and putting the pressure on the opposition.
- Ball 2: A full-length delivery to Markram to give away just one run, bringing the equation to 3 off four deliveries.
- Ball 3: Dismissing Nicholas Pooran with a near-yorker. The West Indies dasher nicked the delivery to wicketkeeper Sanju Samson to assure fans of a thrilling win.
- Ball 4: Another dot ball from Tyagi against Deepak Hooda to mount the pressure even further.
- Ball 5: Hooda goes for a cover drive against a delivery bowled outside off but ends up giving a catch to Samson.
- Ball 6: Kartik bowls an inch-perfect yorker to pull off a sensational win for Rajasthan Royals!
- Ahead of IPL 2022, as per IPL rules, Kartik Tyagi was released by Rajasthan Royals.
- In February 2022, he was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 2022 mega auction for INR 4 crores.
Kartik Tyagi Intersting Facts
- He was not a scholar student in LN Public School but participated in every sport organized in the school.
- His father prioritized Kartik’s training over his occupation of farming.
- In the initial days, he tried to copy the bowling styles of Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Michael Starc but heavily admired Brett Lee getting manifested by his fast bowls.
- He was a part of the Indian squad in the U-19 World Cup 2020 and played under Rahul Dravid’s coaching.
- Right after the victory against Punjab Kings in IPL 2021, Kartik Tyagi and Chetan Sakariya danced shirtless to celebrate the victory which went viral as soon as they posted on RR Twitter handle.
— Rajasthan Royals (@rajasthanroyals) September 22, 2021
- Following his impressive final over, he even got appreciation from one of his favourite cricketers and India’s leading pacer Jasprit Bumrah.
- In India’s tour of Australia 2020-2021, Kartik Tyagi was selected as a net bowler.
- Tyagi bowls with an average pace of 140 km/hr.
- Kartik Tyagi’s fastest delivery is – 147.92kmph.
Kartik Tyagi Batting Stats
Kartik Tyagi Bowling Stats