T20 World Cup 2021 Qualified Teams: ICC T20 World Cup 2021 is scheduled to kickstart from October 17 with the qualifiers stage followed by the Super 12 stage starting on October 23 in Oman and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The tournament is being played at four venues – Dubai International Stadium, Oman Cricket Academy (Muscat), Sharjah Cricket Stadium, and Zayed Cricket Stadium (Abu Dhabi).
The ICC T20 World Cup has two rounds. The first round is the Qualifying stage. The second round is Super 12.
The top-seven ranked teams on ICC T20I Rankings along with T20 World Cup 2021 hosts India automatically qualified for Super 12. Eight other nations will play in the Qualifying stage.
Register your Vote for Free: T20 World Cup 2021 Prediction: Today’s Match Toss, Winner Predictions
T20 World Cup 2021 Qualifying Teams
T20 World Cup 2021 Qualified Teams List – West Indies are the defending champions, having lifted the trophy for the second time in 2016.
Following are the details of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 qualified teams list of Round 1 to super 12:
Papua New Guinea
- Hosts India and nine other top teams in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings as of 31 December 2018 got direct entries.
- The top eight were placed directly in the Super 12s and the next two – Sri Lanka and Bangladesh – joined six other teams coming through a Qualifier event in the group stage.
- Two teams each from the group stage, consisting of four teams each, will join the eight direct entrants to complete the Super 12s line-up.
- If Sri Lanka and Bangladesh qualify from the first round, they will retain the seedings of A1 and B1 respectively for the Super 12s.
- The top two teams from each group of the Super 12s will make the knockouts, the matchups being – A1 v B2 and B2 v A1.
T20 World Cup 2021 Format
Total Number of Teams: 16
Total Number of Matches: 45
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 takes place in three stages.
- Round 1 will see eight teams, split into two groups, aiming to qualify for the main round.
- The top two teams from each group will progress to the next round, the Super 12s, joining the world’s eight top-ranked T20 side who will be divided into two groups.
- After the group matches, the top two teams from both groups will progress to the semi-finals.
Group A: Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka, Ireland
Group B: Oman Papua New Guinea, Scotland, and Bangladesh
In the Super-12 stage, the 12 teams have also been divided into two Groups – 1 and 2. Each team plays another once in the group and the top-two will progress to the semi-finals.
Group 1: England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, A1, B2
Group 2: India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Afghanistan, B1, A2
The winners of the semi-finals of the T20 World Cup 2021 will lock their horns to play the Grand Final match.
T20 World Cup 2021 Round 1 Fixtures
|17-Oct-21||Oman vs Papua New Guinea||2:00 PM||Oman|
|Bangladesh vs Scotland||6:00 PM||Oman|
|18-Oct-21||Ireland Vs Netherlands||2:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|Sri Lanka vs Namibia||6:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|19-Oct-21||Scotland Vs Papua New Guinea||2:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|Oman vs Bangladesh||6:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|20-Oct-21||Namibia vs Netherlands||2:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|Sri Lanka vs Ireland||6:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|21-Oct-21||Bangladesh vs Papua New Guinea||2:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|Oman vs Scotland||6:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|22-Oct-21||Namibia vs Ireland||2:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
|Sri Lanka Vs Netherlands||6:00 PM||Abu Dhabi|
T20 World Cup 2021 Points Table
T20 World Cup 2021 Points Table – International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided that 12 teams will be competing in the Super 12 round of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. However, 8 teams have already been finalized for the Super12 stage of the T20 World Cup 2021.
ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Points Table System
ICC releases the points system for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021 where the winning team receives 2 points while the lost team will receive no point. Check out the full detailed scenario of the points for the respective match results below:
T20 World Cup 2021 Qualifiers Points Table
From T20 World Cup Qualifiers Points Table – The remaining 4 teams will be selected through the qualifier stage of T20 World Cup 2021 which will take place from October 17 to October 22 and in total 8 teams will be fighting to get the remaining 4 slots in the Super12s. The Top 2 teams of each group from the points table will move to Super Twelve.
The ICC T20 WC 2021 points table will be updated once after each match result
*Refresh the page for the latest updates
|Papua New Guinea||3||0||3||0||0||0||-2.655|
Super 12 Points Table
T20 World Cup Super 12 Points Table between England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, A1, and B2 were placed under Group A while India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Afghanistan, A2, and B1 were placed under Gropu B.
Those A1, A2, and B1, B2 were the teams qualified from the first round. The top two teams from each group advance to the semi-finals