Abhimanyu Easwaran is one of the four stand-by players, who will be touring England for the ICC World Test Championship final and England Test series. The Bengal batsman will join Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, and Arzan Nagwaswalla on the tour.
With parents from different states, Abhimanyu Easwaran made his first-class debut for Bengal in 2013 against Uttar Pradesh. The 25-year-old was a part of the Team(India Red) which won the 2019–20 Duleep Trophy.
Abhimanyu Easwaran Biography
|Full Name||Abhimanyu Ranganathanparmashwaran Easwaran|
|Date of Birth||06-September-1995|
|Birth Place||Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
|Family||Father – Ranganathan Parameshwaran Easwaran|
|Mother – Will Update Soon|
|Brother – Will Update Soon|
|Sister – Will Update Soon|
|Martial Status||Not Married|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm leg-break|
|Teams Played||Bengal, India U23, India Blue, India A, India B, Rest of India, Board Presidents XI, Indian Board Presidents XI, India Red|
|First Class Debut||Uttar Pradesh vs Bengal at Kolkata – December 14 – 16, 2013|
|List A Debut||Bengal vs Madya Pradesh at Rajkot – December 17, 2015|
|T-20 Debut||Bengal vs Tripura at Kolkata – January 31, 2017|
|IPL Debut||Not Yet Played|
|International Debut||Not Yet Played|
|Favourite Cricketer||Rahul Dravid|
Abhimanyu Easwaran Family
- Abhimanyu Easwaran was born on 6 September 1995 in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Abhimanyu’s mother is from Punjab while his father is a Tamilian.
- His father, Ranganathan Parameshwaran Easwaran worked as Chartered Accountant and he owns a cricket academy in Dehradun in 1988.
- He named it as “Abhimanyu Cricket Academy” even before his son’s birth.
- Abhi lived away from his family, he stayed with his coach Nirmal Sengupta in a place close to the Bengal capital.
Abhimanyu Easwaran Carrier
- Abhimanyu is a top-order batsman who leads Bengal in domestic cricket.
- He made his first-class debut against UP in Ranji Trophy in 2013.
- Abhimanyu Easwaran made his List A debut against Madya Pradesh at Rajkot on December 17, 2015.
- He made his T20 debut for Bengal in the 2016–17 Inter-State T-20 Tournament on 31 January 2017.
- In October 2018, he was named in India A’s squad for the 2018–19 Deodhar Trophy.
- He was the leading run-scorer for Bengal in the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy, with 861 runs in six matches.
- In the 2018-19 season, Abhimanyu fired a brilliant 186 against Hyderabad in the first innings that set the foundation of Bengal’s victory.
- In August 2019, he was named in the India Red team’s squad for the 2019–20 Duleep Trophy.
- Abhimanyu was named the captain of Bengal for the 2019-20 Ranji Trophy season.
- In October 2019, he was named in India A’s squad for the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy.
- He was named as one of five standby players in India’s Test squad for their home series against England in January 2021.
- In May 2021, he was also named as one of four standby players in India’s Test squad for the final of the 2019–2021 ICC World Test Championship and their away series against England.
Lesser-Known facts of Abhimanyu Easwaran
- The cricketing journey of Abhimanyu started as a 10-year-old.
- Abhimanyu lived with his coach Nirmal Sengupta in a place close to Bengal.
- In the 2018/19 Ranji Trophy he tallied a staggering 861 runs at an average of 95.66 and finished as the leading run-scorer for Bengal.
- His first double-century in First-class cricket came against Punjab (201*) in the 2018/19 season.
- Abhimanyu slammed 233 against Sri Lanka A in May 2019,
- Easwaran is also one of the few Indian players who feature in the Dhaka Premier League and has been a top performer for Prime Bank, one of the leading teams in Bangladesh.
- Abhimanyu has 4401 runs from 64 first-class matches, averaging close to 44 with 13 centuries.
Abhimanyu Easwaran Social Media Profiles
Abhimanyu Easwaran Batting Stats
Abhimanyu Easwaran Bowling Stats